Wrestling veteran Siya Ram, 64, at a traditional Kushti wrestling akhara (school) in Varanasi, India, where he has trained for 13 years. He is hanging upside down doing stomach crunches as part of his warm-up. Kushti is dying out as wrestlers move to mat-based formats. MICK RYAN, JUDGE: This piqued my interest immediately — a sign of a great photograph. It would have been easy to take a wider contextual composition but this perspective, and the shallow depth of field isolating the man, with the blurred background of his fellow wrestlers, is masterful.
- Exclusive collectible fine-art print from the Guardian & Observer
- Presented on museum-grade C-Type matt photographic paper stock
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- 30x40cm print size, dimensions include border for easy framing
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace
- Global shipping available