Marigold stringers in Veraval, Gujarat. Although fluorescent, the lighting lent this scene a painting-like quality. I love shooting shopfronts, especially in Indian towns, as the result often feels like a window on to another world. PAUL GOLDSTEIN, JUDGE: The composition is top-notch and not arrived at by accident. The relaxed demeanour spells an intimate encounter between photographer and subjects rather than an intrusive “grab” shot. But for me, the yellow of the produce matching the yellow bands of the flip-flops was the icing. Outstanding.
- Exclusive collectible fine-art print from the Guardian & Observer
- Presented on museum-grade C-Type matt photographic paper stock
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- 30x40cm print size, dimensions include border for easy framing
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace
- Free shipping to anywhere in the world