New Year in south-east Asia is celebrated by mass water fights. The people of Luang Prabang in Laos take the tradition more seriously than most, and it’s a spectacle not to be missed. I wrapped my camera in a plastic bag and got among the crowds. MICK RYAN, JUDGE: I’ll make no secret of my disdain for set up shots of monks in shafts of light. Like many, I prefer spontaneity. When a candid street shot goes right, with the splashes on the lens adding to this image, I jump for joy. Especially here, with the addition of the street’s hubbub and the smiling faces.
- Exclusive collectible fine-art print from the Guardian & Observer
- Presented on museum-grade C-Type matt photographic paper stock
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- 30x40cm print size, dimensions include border for easy framing
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace
- Free shipping to anywhere in the world