Pekutatan beach, Bali. About an hour before sunset kids would gather to play football – and stay until dark. I photographed them over several days, hoping to get a nice sunset silhouette. That never came but there were glimpses of it and lots of storm clouds. MICK RYAN, JUDGE: It is the storytelling aspect that first attracted me to this image; there is so much going on that makes you linger. The photographer has converted the image to monotone – a master stroke that simplifies the silhouettes and yet adds drama to the stormy clouds.
- Exclusive collectible fine-art print from the Guardian & Observer
- Presented on museum-grade C-Type matt photographic paper stock
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- 30x40cm print size, dimensions include border for easy framing
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace
- Free shipping to anywhere in the world