A family picks its way through a flood during monsoon season in India, where Guardian photographer Denis Thorpe was sent in 1977 on assignment for the foreign desk. He spotted the figures from a long way off, “and I had to sprint to get to them”, Thorpe recalls. “My lungs were bursting. I love how contained they are: the father carrying animal fodder, the mother carrying grain, and the dog leading the way.” Their figures are reflected in the water, while water buffalo wallow in the foreground.
- Presented on museum-grade C-Type matt photographic paper stock
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- 30x40cm print size, dimensions include border for easy framing
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace
- Global shipping available