A farmer gathers huge winter cabbages for his cattle in the hamlet of Morley, Cheshire, slinging them on to the back of his horse-drawn cart. This evocative Guardian Archive image – taken either by Walter Doughty, the paper’s first photographer, who joined in 1908, or Tom Stuttard, who joined in 1925 and worked alongside Doughty – was published in what was then the Manchester Guardian in November 1939. It depicts a rural England far removed from the horrors of the second world war, which was then in its early days.
- Presented on museum-grade C-Type matt photographic paper stock
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- 30x40cm print size, dimensions include border for easy framing
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace
- Free UK shipping
- Global shipping available