There is an almost illustrative quality to this photograph of snow-blasted trees on a hillside near the hamlet of Sparrowpit, in the Derbyshire Peak District. The trunks, branches and fence posts appear to be outlined in black, and the smaller branches look as if they have been drawn with a pencil. At top right, a sheep finds something to eat in the snowy landscape. Trees are a passion for the Guardian photographer Christopher Thomond, who is based in the north of England: for a project in 2016, he photographed a single oak in Lancashire throughout the year.
- Presented on museum-grade C-Type matt photographic paper stock
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- 30x40cm print size, dimensions include border for easy framing
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace
- Free UK shipping
- Global shipping available