“I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year; it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.” So said Lionel Messi in a television advert in 2012, recalling his ascent to greatness at Barcelona. Now aged 32 and in the autumn of his career, the diminutive striker – nay, footballing God – continues to score at an unthinkable rate of almost a goal a game and could yet add to the 34 club titles (10 La Liga; 6 Copa del Rey; 8 Supercopa de España; 4 Champions League; 3 Uefa Super Cup; 3 Fifa Club World Cup) and six Ballon D’or he has accumulated down the years. This photograph was taken in Rome in 2009 when Messi inspired Barcelona to a 2-0 victory over Manchester United in the Champions League final. The sheer boyish delight etched across his face makes this a gem of a picture and fuels my admiration for is his evergreen talents. Messi growing old and retiring? No thanks.
- Presented on museum-grade C-Type matt photographic paper stock
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- 30x40cm print size, dimensions include border for easy framing
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace
- Global shipping available