A Mini appears to have careered off the road and been abandoned in heavy snow near Buxton, in Derbyshire. The Guardian photographer Don McPhee captured the image in January 1979. Sharp shadows suggest the sun has broken through the cloud, while the sheep boast their thick winter coats. Only the presence of the car, in what is an otherwise timeless landscape, dates this photograph. McPhee, who died in 2007, had a long career at the Guardian, photographing in particular his beloved northern England.
- Presented on museum-grade C-Type matt photographic paper stock
- Guaranteed archival quality for 100+ years
- 30x40cm print size, dimensions include border for easy framing
- Delivered to your door, supplied unframed
- Printed in the UK by theprintspace
- Free UK shipping
- Global shipping available